Textile Industry Museum
The museum recounts the history of the textile industry, which dominated economic activity in Vienne from the 18th to the 20th century.
The collection of machines illustrates the entire textile production process, along with a large number of samples from the major Vienne factories.
Vienne is famous for its artistic and medieval monuments, but its industrial history is less well known. And yet, for over two centuries, the production of carded woollen cloth, including what are known as "Renaissance" fabrics, was the livelihood of a majority of the population.
A collection of machines, some still in working order, show how the fabric was made.
From 01/04 to 31/10/2022
Opening hours on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 9.30 am and 12.45 pm and between 1.30 pm and 6 pm.
Closed on Monday.
Closed exceptionally on Easter Monday, Whit Monday and May 1st.
From 02/11/2022 to 31/03/2023
Opening hours on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 1 pm and 5.30 pm.
Closed on Monday.
Closed exceptionally on January 1st, November 11th and December 25th.
Exceptional closures on November 1 and 11, December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.
Open by appointment in the mornings for groups.
- Educational visits
- Themed tour
- Guided tours
Full price: 3 €
Reduced price: 2 €.
- Bank/credit card
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Even flooring with no obstacles
- Minimum aisle width of 90 cm
- Doors >=77 cm wide
- Internal doors with easy openings
- Absence of steps
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
- Site, building totally accessible
- Possibility of drop-off in front of the site
- Reception staff sensitized to the reception of people with disabilities
Type of clientele
- Special rate for jobseekers
- DD slash MM slash YYYY